6 Steps to Burning Desire
What do you want?
Your chance of getting what you want is dependent upon having burning desire.
Napoleon Hill felt it was key and devoted the second chapter of his book Think and Grow Rich to making a case for the importance of burning desire and how to incorporate it into your life.
He gave us six steps to achieving the burning desire that will bring success:
- First you need to have a specific amount of money in mind. If the object of your desire is something besides money, what will it cost you to acquire it. It truly is important that you are not vague about what you want.
- Determine what you are willing to give up to achieve that amount of money. It will cost you something to have what you desire.
- Pick a date. Make it specific and realistic.
- Have a plan. What will you have to do to achieve that goal. Break it down into specific actions.
- Write it down. Create a written statement of what you want, what you are willing to give up, what you are willing to do and the date you intend to achieve your desired goal.
- Read out loud your statement twice a day.
Bonus Tip: To give extra strength to your statement close your eyes and visualize what it will look and feel like when you reach your goal.